Search engine optimization is a word which we have often heard being thrown around when the subject turns to gaining exposure for your website. It’s true that SEO is not something which you can embark on and gain overnight success with. On the other hand, SEO is a never ending process.
Here Are a Few Tips for Improving Dental Website SEO .
1. When using Java script for drop down menus, image maps or image links, be particular about including text links anywhere on the page so that spiders still have something to follow.
2. Almost everyone knows that content is king. For this reason, it’s always advisable to post well-written content which not only focuses on keywords but also on provoking the interest of your readers.
3. Don’t be overly concerned with your website’s PageRank, it is just one factor out of many in the entire ranking algorithm. Fact is that it is possible for a website with a lower PageRank to outrank one with a higher PageRank.
4. You should always have a Title tag on each page of your website which is keyword focused. If you really need to include your company name, make sure to put this at the end. This is because unless your brand name or company name has already reached household name status, chances are that not a lot of people will be using it for search engine queries.
5. Search engines rate websites according to their relevancy. Your website will be considered more relevant if you add fresh content on a regular basis. This is why it pays to add new, original content.
6. Local searches have become more prevalent. This is why it is advisable to use search phrases rather than banking on single keywords. You can incorporate your location in your text, so instead of saying “our dental clinic”, try using the phrase “our Toronto dental clinic” instead.
7. Before you start designing your website, you should always consider your SEO strategy. Collaborate with your website designer to evaluate what your expectations for your SEO campaign are. For instance, having a Flash-based website may be aesthetically pleasing but then search engine spiders won’t be able to crawl Flash or images, just text.
8. Are you trying to get your new website indexed? Submitting your website through Google’s regular submission form may take weeks of waiting before your website gets crawled by Google’s bots. Want to bypass all this waiting? You may want to try to get a link from a quality website instead.
photo credit: Pixabay Public Domain